Saturday, May 4, 2013

STYLE IS THE WAY WE SPEAK TO THE WORLD WITHOUT WORDS

That's a quote from The Power Of Style, written by BOBBI THOMAS. Full disclosure, I like BOBBI THOMAS and think she does a great job in her role as sort of an everyday women's stylist. That being said, I have never thought of her as someone who is particularly cutting edge. That's not a knock at all, I would die for her career. I also think she's a true girls, girl that makes fashion accessible to people that want to look like the best version of themselves, and not necessarily like they just stepped out of Vogue.
I assumed this would would be a nice, basic style book filled with tips I already knew, but I was absolutely wrong. I LOVE THIS BOOK! The book is broken down Into two parts. The first section, which I found the most interesting, is all about the message your style puts out into the world. Bobbie asks the question, Is your style conveying who you really are and how you want to be perceived? She talks about branding yourself and making sure your style and brand match up. I could go on and on, but basically I loved that she went in depth about branding, because it's really what sets this book apart from countless others. The second part of the book focuses on straight style tips, but I found it just as informative and interesting. I think anyone that's interested in putting their best self out there and wants to dig a little deeper than the do's and dont's of a typical style guide will love this book!


No comments:

Post a Comment